8.31.2010

23 Months

The little buddy is 23 months old and I can't even believe it. He's such a big boy and does big boy things.

Camp calls Annabelle "elbow" and he also calls her by her nickname Narnie, but it sounds more like "nana".

When we ask him to do something or not to do something, like get off the counter or come to us, he'll lay down on the ground and say "ni, night" like it's his out for not having to do what we want him to do.

When I picked Camp up from preschool one day last week, he saw me walk on the playground and said "MAMA!!!!!!!" I thought it was so cute. I watched as his teachers tried to get the kids in the class to line up on the wall. I had no faith in my child and thought he would definitely NOT line up on the wall.....well lo and behold; he put his bottom on the wall and stood there like such a big boy! I was soooo proud of him. We've been practicing lining up on the wall and singing the song that the teachers sing at home so he can get used to that. I know how much easier it is for the kiddos to line up and I want to do anything to help out his sweet teachers!!

He's coming home from school and singing new songs and it makes me so happy!!

We're still working on the whole potty training thing. We aren't officially potty training yet, but I let him pick out his very own potty chair. He passed up Elmo and Lightning McQueen (much to my surprise) and picked out the frog potty. He usually tells us he has to go, but lately we've been calling him the boy who cried poo poo...he'll say he has to go, but changes his mind! :)

2 comments:

Mama Byrd said...

Same bed, bear and boy but different room! Such a big boy. I can't believe he'll be 2 next month!

Pam said...

"See my boo-boo, Beary?"