5.15.2009

A Fun Lunch & A Fun Recipe




Danielle and I (along with our youngin's) drove up to Havana yesterday and met Holly, Sally Kate, & Mary for lunch at the Mockingbird Cafe.
We had such a great time!
The babies were on their very best behavior.

Camp and I shared that cake pictured above. He also enjoyed throwing his toys on the ground, chewing up straw wrappers and napkins, and looking at the beautiful jasmine.
Sally Kate took a little cat nap and talked so sweetly to us.

Sophie got to sit in a big girl booster. She enjoyed eating her pickle and drinking her sippy cup.


Now on to the recipe.
This is the recipe that I get the most compliments on.
My mom has made it for as long as I can remember.
It's so tasty and easy.
I made it last night for dinner. (along with soft tacos)
I've had a few people ask for the recipe recently, so I'll share it with everyone!!


(Mama Byrd's) Black Bean Dip

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans black beans (drained)
  • Diced onion (I use about 3 Tbs.)
  • Tabasco sauce to taste (maybe 5 dashes?) If you have a husband like Adam Gunter, more is better.
  • Garlic Salt to taste (a few shakes will do)
  • 2 cups shredded cheese (my favorites are Colby Jack and Cheddar)

Preheat oven to 350*. Mix black beans, onion, Tabasco sauce, and garlic salt in 9x13 casserole dish. Spread evenly in dish. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

Serve with:



And then thank me for sharing this with you.

3 comments:

Beth Madigan said...

yessssssss!

Mama Byrd said...

There's my little chow hound... clutching a Cheerio in one tiny little fist and saving the one on his collar for later!

mary caroline said...

love the lunch pics :) and yay for that delicious recipe!!