10.08.2009

Swings & A Fun Recipe

IMG_2214
Camp and I headed out to the park today. I've been so looking forward to making this an every day occurance, but with 1000% humidity and record breaking heat for this time of year, I just can't get excited about it. Call me crazy.

IMG_2259
Camp being silly...
We had fun though and Camp sure loves to swing!
IMG_2270
Sweet boy!!




At Camp's birthday party EVERY SINGLE PERSON commented on how tasty the sausage stars were and most asked for the recipe! They were mighty tasty.
They are the perfect "fun food" if you ask me!
My mom brought them and shared the recipe with me.....Enjoy!
P1017333

Sausage Stars
2 c. (1 lb.) cooked crumbled sausage
1 1/2 c. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 c. prepared ranch dressing
1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced ripe black olives
1/2 c. chopped red pepper (roasted red peppers in the jar are ok too)
1 pkg. fresh or frozen won ton wrappers (or egg rolls wrappers cut in 4ths)

Blot sausage dry with paper towels and combine with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, salad dressing, olives and red pepper.
Heat oven to 350*
Lightly grease a mini muffin tin and press 1 wrapper in each cup.
Bake 5 minutes until golden.
Remove from tins, place on baking sheet and fill with sausage mixture.
Bake 5-7 minutes at or until bubbly.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen.

4 comments:

Mama Byrd said...

It may be hot but it looks like Camp is chillin'. I know... corny...

Heather said...

Lane, I went to a baby shower earlier this year where sausage stars were served ... and got the recipe on the spot. Those babies are YUM-O!

Pam said...

I'd rather have the "Star" swinging than all the Sausage Stars in the world!!! Cutest boy ever! :)

brittany said...

love that black and white shot. you are getting good with that new camera, girl!