3.31.2011

two and a half, springtime, & an easy recipe

Spring is here and while we've been dealing with annoying allergies, we are welcoming the beautiful weather and green grass!! ;) Thank goodness this rain has washed the pollen away and rinsed my black car clean!
Our little buddy is two and a half...I can't even believe it!! He's getting so tall and with all the time he's been spending in the sun, his hair is turning blonde...he looks like such a little man these days!!
Camp is an extremely observant child!! He knows what vehicles people drive...he'll see an F-150 and say "hey, that like bop bop truck", an infiniti like Bebe's and say "that Bebe car" or a GMC and say "hey that mama new car"...he knows how to get to certain stores and doesn't forget a thing!! We drove by the library the other day and he said "I go dancin'' and every time we drive by the bounce house place he'll say "Let's go jump, jump, jump!"...he won't even see the actual building, but he knows were close! :) I love that because I've always had a great sense of direction and I'm glad Camp does too...haha!

He constantly tells me, "Mama, you're so cute" or "Mama, you're so pretty"...how does he already know just the right words to say?? :) He's such a sweeeet boy and I love it. He's still such a little love bunny...he'll  say "let's go cuddle" when he's tired. It's the cutest thing ever. Don't get me wrong...he's two and a half and he has his moments of defiance, but I'm just thankful he has such a sweet and caring heart already. 

Camp's still sleeping in his crib, but I know those days are coming to an end. I know he's ready for a big boy bed, but I'm not looking forward to the day when he'll be able to get out of his bed on his own. I'm in love with this bed from Pottery Barn Kids...I mean how perfect is it?? The Camp Bed?? Oh my, he just has to have it! We are just now starting to consider the big boy bed, but I know it's not too far around the corner! It will be fun to come up with a new theme for his room and get new bedding. Uncle Trip said he'd paint some canvases too! :) (right, uncle trip???)



A few weeks ago, Camp got a goody bag from a preschool birthday party. Inside were these chocolate milk straws and Camp fell in love with them! I guess the milk goes through the straw and turns it into chocolate milk? It seemed pretty odd, but he got such a kick out of them and called it chocolate chip milk. :)

safety first at the gunter household!! :)


I've decorated for Easter and I put this little chick in the ground...I got her at the Coton Colors sale in October. I already had an Easter egg wreath, but I couldn't pass her up. Yaya gave me the brilliant idea to put her in the ground and I love it!


I went to Coton Colors on Monday to get an Easter attachment for my happy everything plate and chose the bunny...he's so cute!!

While I was there, I got this adorable chick bowl...I just couldn't resist!


I made a new recipe the other night and it was soooo good and easy that I have to share it!
two boneless, skinless chicken breasts...in the crock pot.

an envelope of taco seasoning mix...

and a jar of your favorite salsa. cook on low 8 hours, shred chicken then serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings. It is sooooo tasty!! We ate this two nights in a row and had leftovers. This is definitely going in the dinner lineup.

I can't even believe it's the last day of March!!! We have a fun and celebratory weekend planned and I can't wait to see Bebe, Papa, & Chandler again!! I could sure get used to this whole seeing them every other weekend thing! :)



2 comments:

Bebe said...

Love your Easter decorations! But mainly I love the pics of your sweet boy kissing his mama. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

yaya said...

Cant't believe he is already 2 and a half!!! Such a sweet heart of a little boy!!!Love the pics!!! and the recipe!!!!