8.14.2010

I Love Vacations

Wow, I have so many pictures to share and I thought I really didn't take many pictures! :)
We spent four nights in Boone, North Carolina and had an absolute blast! I wish we were still there! The weather was gorgeous...still hot, but the humidity was non-existent and that makes it so much more bearable!


I tried to come up with the best possible travel situation for Camp and I think it worked. DVD player, (thanks to Yaya & Bop Bop) lollipops, snacks, and brand new toys. Camp was the BEST traveler in the whole wide world. I think in 20+ hours of driving (not including the hours we spent in the car driving around town during the vacation) he screamed out about 5 times! It was like he had to exert the energy and once he did, he was fine!
Yaya, Carrie Anne and I dreamt of Sesame Street and Shrek. We watched both movies over and over and over again!

We arrived to our beautiful mountain home late Sunday evening and we were all exhausted! Camp actually had a slight fever on Sunday, but woke up Monday morning fever free! THANK GOODNESS!



We drank our morning coffee on the porch and looked out on to this view! ahhh...




Mast General Store


Real Post Office at the Mast General Store


Camp's Dream World!

Evening champagne on the porch... :)


On Tuesday, the girls headed to Blowing Rock for lunch, shopping, and a Kilwin's trip for a caramel apple and chocolate peanut butter ice cream! :) The boys went zip lining and they had so much fun. Adam was hesitant about going, but ended up having sooo much fun! He was ready to go again the next day!


I love these pictures of Adam and Camp!


Camp heard a truck drive by and couldn't believe it! :)





After a YUMMY lunch at Woodlands BBQ, we headed to Mystery Hill.
Camp talked Bop Bop into getting some gubblegum.

There was a mystery house that was a total hoot. I'm still not sure how it worked, but it was crazy. I spent most of my time outside of the house because it scared me just a bit!

Mama's gettin' crazy! :)

After Mystery Hill, we headed to Tweetsie Railroad.
Camp went on his first train ride and loved it.



Day and Cayanne on the Tweetsie Twister!

We spent the rest of the day riding fun rides, eating Dippin' Dots, and petting animals in the petting zoo!

We had so much fun and it made me excited to take Camp to Disney! I think he's really going to like it.

Adam and Dave having way too much fun!
I was too much of a wimp for most of the rides...I opted for the ski lift and carousel and that was about all I could take. :)
View from our house.

We had such a great time and can't wait for our next family vacation! Thank you, Yaya & Bop Bop for inviting us!!!


I had to throw these pictures in...
This was Camp after the 10 hour car ride home.
Juice spilled on his shirt,

cookies smashed to his clothes, messy hair,

and a lollipop stick stuck to his shorts.
When Yaya got him out of his car seat, a handful of cookies came out with him too!
At least he was a Happy Camper!! :)

4 comments:

yaya said...

thanks for the great pictures!!!! it was a wonderful trip and i am already planning for next year!!!!

Mama Byrd said...

Love the pictures of him after the car ride! Glad you all had a great time and that Camp was a little trooper!

Amy Wells said...

Oh my gosh! My family used to have a place in Blowing Rock...I love it up there! Mast General Store and Kilwin's are the best! Mmmm! I'm glad y'all had such a great vacay!

"Cayanne" said...

Hahaha those last three pictures are priceless...awww I miss it already! such a fun time, 10 hour car ride and all :)